[CAUT] Reading low humidity

DCyr141833 at aol.com DCyr141833@aol.com
Thu Mar 2 16:43:48 MST 2006

Fred, and others
I have recently found a nifty little device that seems to read humidity and
temperature quite accurately.  It's a sensor, not a gauge that you can  look
at and read instantly, but it tracks temp, humidity and dew point over a
period of time (you decide if you want it to measure every half hour, hour,  etc),
it's got it's own built in USB port, you plug it into your computer,  download
the data, and it prints out a graph and spreadsheet.  We've been  playing
with it at the school for the past month and I'm quite impressed.
_Data  Acquisition from Measurement Computing_
(http://www.measurementcomputing.com/cbicatalog/USB-502.asp?dept_id=414&pf_id=1759&mscssid=7K4AT7KNBUQP8HEFNC
6WE99XMQNK1LN5)
It's $79, with software.
Like I said, it's not a gauge that you can just look at - but it does track
humidity down lower than anything else I've seen.
Debbie Cyr
North Bennet St. School