[CAUT] Brown Market Kawai

Elwood Doss edoss at utm.edu
Sat Mar 4 11:21:07 MST 2006

Hi Guys,

I have heard about a brown market KG-2 Kawai that belongs to a nearby
church that has a problem with the soundboard.  It is at a Kawai dealer
about 2 hours away and they said it was supposed to be sent to European
and Asian markets and was sold in the US instead.  The curing of the
wood parts was different for that climate than for here and the
soundboard has "buckled" according to the dealer.  He said they were
going to tune it the first of the week to see if it will hold tune.  The
case is mahogany and is evidently about 7 or 8 years old.  I can get it
pretty cheap from the church and was wondering if there were other
issues I should be concerned about.  I would like to purchase it for my
small church (around 110 in attendance) and I could keep it up for them.
What is a "brown market" piano?  Is this one more than I need to fool
with, given the scanty information I have?  Let me know your opinions.
I have not seen the instrument.

Joy!

Elwood

Elwood Doss, Jr., RPT