[CAUT] The Well-Prepared Piano

Porritt, David dporritt at mail.smu.edu
Tue Mar 7 15:41:39 MST 2006

Charles:

I have to ask: Why would a young artist harm his/her career by associating with Yamaha?  I've been trying to think of a reason on my drive home and I've failed.

We do have a CFIIIS here at SMU and it is used a lot.  I've found it to be a very nice instrument and is used by many fine players.  I'd drop some names but I don't want to get anyone in trouble with S&S.  I don't know the history of all of Yamaha's concert grands - I know of the old CF and we have this CFIIIS.  I'm not familiar with any in between.

Our larger recital hall has a D and this CFIIIS and I tend to prefer the one that has been regulated and voiced last.  Others agree though a few are the S&S faithful regardless.

I'm just curious!

dp

David M. Porritt, RPT
Meadows School of the Arts