[CAUT] The Well-Prepared Piano

Rick.Florence at asu.edu Rick.Florence at asu.edu
Tue Mar 7 19:39:13 MST 2006

Quoting "Charles K. Ball" <ckball at mail.utexas.edu>:

"I understand that the two last Cliburn winners, Olga Kern and Alex Kobrin, have
become Yamaha artists <snip> Of course, that would not be in their best
interest, as most of their visiting artists will want a good Steinway, but I am
sure that Kobrin wants to ingratiate himself with his new sponsor, and there may
be other inducements as well."

Or, perhaps he really does prefer a Yamaha.  It has been known to happen.

Rick

P.S. I enjoyed David Renner and Betty Mallard's visit a few weeks ago - very
gracious pianists.  They spoke highly of you and the pianos under your care.