[CAUT] Rebuilding Value

Don pianotuna at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 10 07:51:43 MST 2006

Hi Kent,

This is a "hot potato" situation for sure. Having been misquoted by
Newspapers I'm inclined to believe that this story is designed to "make news".

I believe it will come down to "economics". If the School can end up with a
useful piano for less than the cost of replacement that is the path of
least resistance. I know that local government organizations here are
required to get bids on all such purchases/repairs. They have the option to
choose which ever bid they feel is the "best bang for the buck", but
somehow it always devolves to the "least price".

Sometimes the best thing to do is to "muddle through" and not have an
opinion. If I were pushed into replying I think I'd say as little as possible.

"If the funds are available for a new piano, buy one, if not, have the
existing instrument remanufactured by a local firm."

At 05:53 PM 3/9/2006 -0600, you wrote:
>I have been contacted with regard to the following matter:
>
>http://tinyurl.com/n6rzu
>
>The Steinway in question is a Model O.
>
>I was asked for a statement concerning the viability of rebuilding. I
>thought if anyone here had anything to say on the matter, I might
>include some of your responses in a letter I am sending to be used at
>an upcoming school board meeting.
>

>Thanks.   Sometimes it's OK to get "up in arms."    8^)
>

>Kent

3004 Grant Rd. REGINA, SK, S4S 5G7
306-539-0716 or 1-888-29t-uner