[CAUT] Rebuilding Value

A440A at aol.com A440A at aol.com
Fri Mar 10 10:27:50 MST 2006

Barbara sez:
<<  It's the old, familiar
situation of a piano tech offering a <valid service> that conflicts with a
dealer making a sale.   That's the <real> issue.  Of course, I want piano
dealers to be successful, but it doesn't mean withholding my services to
customers seeking help. >>

     It is actually very simple.  If a customer owns a worn out Steinway, the
most economical way to have a really nice Steinway is to rebuild it, NOT
trade it in on a new one.
     A well-stretched analogy:  those race cars that you see on the NASCAR
tracks are Chevys and Fords in name only,  there is virtually nothing in those
cars that you can buy from your dealer.  Same goes with Steinways,  aftermarket
work can surpass what is being sold from the factory.
regards,

Ed Foote RPT