[CAUT] Tipping Casters

McNeilTom at aol.com McNeilTom at aol.com
Sat Mar 11 21:12:58 MST 2006

Hi, Jon -

I agree with Roger - that your second fix below is the way to go.  Do  what
he says and it will be just fine.  We did a restoration on a 7'  Bechstein a
couple years ago, 1920 I think.  Same casters with the large  offset.  I was
amazed to discover that they were absolutely solid in spite  of the passing 80
years, weight, etc.  Of course they were perfectly  fitted to begin with.  If
you wipe a very thin coating of grease on the  inside of the ferules before you
epoxy them on some piano tech fifty years from  now will bless you!

Best regards,

 ~  Tom McNeil  ~
Vermont Piano  Restorations

In a message dated 3/11/2006 8:33:26 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,