[CAUT] Adams 1/4 tone sharp piano

Wolfley, Eric (wolfleel) WOLFLEEL at UCMAIL.UC.EDU
Wed Mar 22 15:32:22 MST 2006

Hi All,

I've just had a request to tune a piano ¼ tone sharp for a John Adams piece for rehearsals and concert in the next weeks. Can anyone who has done this before give me some idea of what I'm in for besides the destabilization factor. I'm going to use a Baldwin M we usually let people use for prepared piano stuff.

Thanks,

Eric

Eric Wolfley, RPT
Head Piano Technician
Cincinnati College-Conservatory of Music
University of Cincinnati