[CAUT] Adams 1/4 tone sharp piano

Porritt, David dporritt at mail.smu.edu
Wed Mar 22 16:58:31 MST 2006

My best guess is it should do just fine.  I had to tune a piano to A-415 for a Handel choir number and after they were finished with it bringing it back up was very easy.  I did one pass 25-cents sharp then just tuned.  It was very stable.  I got to thinking afterward that when we normally do the "100-cent" pitch raise it ranges from 60-cents flat to 130-cents flat so the end result is not so good.  But this was very together at 101.27-cents flat so it came out very well.  I'll bet this will only take a normal pitch drop and tuning to bring it back.

dp

PS We're looking at your dean and he's looking at us today and tomorrow.  We'll see what happens.

David M. Porritt, RPT
Meadows School of the Arts
Southern Methodist University
Dallas, TX 75275