[CAUT] pedal squeal

william ballard wbps at vermontel.net
Thu Mar 23 17:06:47 MST 2006

On Mar 23, 2006, at 11:22 AM, Susan Kline wrote:
> Hi, Bill
> How about just taking a minute or two, and playing a fast piece
> which has a lot of pedalling in it?

100 pumps is over in less than 20 seconds, seriously.

> Pedal gospel style, for the
> accelerated wear.

I though Gospel Style was On when you sit down at the piano and Off
when you get up and leave. <G>

> (Oh, my aching knees, "one-e-and-uh, uh, uh,
> this is BORING!" etc.)

Better than "rhinosaurus", 25 times. It's just a matter of personal
preference, what you get caught mumbling when somebody thinks you're
looking for your contact lenses. How 'bout "naugh-ty-pe-dal"? I agree
though, subdividing quarter notes is boring.

mr bill

"I go, two plus like, three is pretty much totally five. Whatever"
     ...........The new math