[CAUT] Adams 1/4 tone sharp piano

Chris Solliday solliday at ptd.net
Fri Mar 24 14:39:53 MST 2006

Eric,
Jim is right on, this is a very serious issue and certainly should be
mentioned along with your denial of responsibility. This will help the
educational process in many ways. The venue, the players, the composer (we
hope) and everybody in shouting distance will learn from this. How deeply
will a flying bass string penetrate human flesh at a distance of 10 feet, 12
feet, 15 feet... this is a chart you could present. Perhaps suggest kevlar
vests and masks be worn on stage and in the wings. Will a double wound
string with heavy core wire penetrate deeper than a thin wound? Which has
greater velocity in flight? There are questions that will need answers and
substantiation, data, charts, graphs,... It's Friday.  Good luck at the
concert.
Chris Solliday