[CAUT] Flight of the Broken Bass Sting? (was:: Adams 1/4 tone sharp piano)

Brad Smith, RPT staff at smithpiano.com
Sat Mar 25 04:43:53 MST 2006

Hi Jeff,
I had a big fat double wound bass string on a 7+foot Henry Miller...shot
itself across a 30 foot room like an airborne python.
Also, on a fairly new Steinway L, the second bass string from the top of the
bass section...flew out of the piano, chipping the rim, and landing  on a
teacher's pile of music.

Both of these were just normal tuning, no pitch raising happening.
As David Love mentioned, I'm also wary of having people stand in that line
of fire while I'm tuning.

--
Best Regards,
Brad Smith, RPT