[CAUT] Touch ups.. (and I ain't talking about makeup)

Conrad Hoffsommer hoffsoco at luther.edu
Tue May 9 09:01:26 MDT 2006

At 10:07 AM 5/9/2006 -0400, you wrote:
>What's this about getting credit on the program? Hell, I don't even get
>recognized for doing what I do, much less on a program. Is this faculty
>member your brother, or something? What did you do to deserve such
>"honor'? Inquiring minds want to know.
>
>Wim

Hi, Wim,

Well...  I did have him as a student worker, years ago, when he was an
undergrad. (filling Dampp-Chasers). ;-}

Bit of a self-made sore point, I suppose, but it kinda irks when,
particularly on the big Christmas programs, everyone including lighting
tech, stage tech, student volunteer people and box office staff get
mentioned, but not the person who prepped the piano, harpsichord, portativ
organ _and_ the 3/m, 42 rank pipe organ.  I secretly long to be sick for
about three days prior to some of these things and watch the panic. ;-}

Every so often I re-read that old Readers Digest article. ("Unseen Artist"?)

The jazz guy, (unfortunately on sabbatical in Brazil this semester, but did
have his replacement do the same) always mentions all the techs, including
me.  Guess who gets a little extra service...

Conrad Hoffsommer - Keyboard Technician
1-(563)-387-1204 // Fax 1-(563)-387-1076

- Right now, I'm hoping to live until my age matches my golf score,
- Until then, I'll have to be content to have my IQ match my handicap.