[CAUT] Dollies and projection (was Hamburg leg bolt)

wimblees at aol.com wimblees at aol.com
Tue May 9 12:20:48 MDT 2006

Alan

Personally I look at it more from a safety point of view, than tone
projection. I think someone else mentioned that, too. I would much
rather give up a litle projection, than having to replace the back leg,
or worse, getting someone hurt. Both of our D's get moved A LOT, and
one has to be moved over a low door jam from the back stage area to the
stage. If that piano was not on a truck, one of the legs would have
been busted off a long time ago.

Wim
Willem Blees, RPT
Piano Tuner/Technician