[CAUT] Gram Tension Guages

wimblees at aol.com wimblees at aol.com
Thu May 18 12:42:30 MDT 2006

If you swing each individual hammer, or use the gram gauge, you have to
take the hammer off. I learned a tip form one of the guys on this list,
that makes testing the pinning a lot easier, and more uniform.

Attach the stack to a set of upright action holders, and turn the stack
upside down, so that all the hammers are down. Swing a bunch of them,
and the tight ones will stop after one or two swings, and the loose
ones will swing more.

In regard to Jim Busby's question, I think pinning should be done at a
time of year when the temperature and humidity is about average.
(usually the spring or fall). I think repinning over and over does more
harm than good.

Wim