[CAUT] Storage covers, was rehearsal room climate swings

Don pianotuna at yahoo.com
Thu May 18 23:08:04 MDT 2006

Hi Keith,

I have no way of knowing what type of covers are in use.

In the instrument where the hammer line changed it was a cloth cover that
reached only to the bottom of the rim. There was a DC system which was
retrofitted with a bottom cover--and reinstalled to reflect current
recommendations. I do not have a great deal of data in this particular area.

At 09:00 PM 5/18/2006 -0700, you wrote:
>Hi Don,
>Would you elaborate on the effect caused by a "storage cover"? The Edwards
string cover is made of a
>woven wool cloth. What are most storage covers made of?
>
>Keith Roberts>

3004 Grant Rd. REGINA, SK, S4S 5G7
306-539-0716 or 1-888-29t-uner