[CAUT] Nickel Creek

Tim Coates tcoates1 at sio.midco.net
Mon May 22 22:20:32 MDT 2006

Scott Thile,

I just got back from a Nickel Creek concert in Sioux Falls.  It was
stunning!  The group has really matured since the last time I saw them
at the Sioux River Folk Festival.  Your son's musicianship is world
class.  But I think you know that.  The show  was a very complete event
with wonderful transitions.   A crowd that had just been in a frenzy
from the hard driving acoustic oldtimey bluegrass/rock/jazz  was in
complete silence and awe during the Bach Partita for violin played on
the mandolin by your son.

Lawrence Becker, they are in Cincinnati on the 7th of June.  You have
to see them.

Thank you Scott for giving your support to those three kids (now young
adults) to help them become the musicians they are today.

Tim Coates