[CAUT] DANGEROUS technique for getting pianos on the colson dolly

Jim Busby jim_busby at byu.edu
Tue May 30 15:42:02 MDT 2006

Ok Jeff,

We're on the same page. (Flame suits off. :-) I'm also a redneck!) No
offense taken and hopefully none sent.

I do agree that wood on top of the block would work, but after making
the darn things and seeing them break just by stacking them on the
pallets it made me leery of them. It's not necessarily the pressure that
breaks them if it's distributed evenly, but a sharp blow or pressure on
a small point and they will break. The problem is that you will never
know if the gorillas that made them started a small fracture or not.
Even if they are oriented right if there's a microscopic fracture they
will fail. Typically pallets of blocks have a certain percent that break
in transport or on the job. That's why I cringed at the thought...

Yeah, I still throw a cinder block under things now and then...

Regards,

Jim