[CAUT] A Lurker Speaks

Gould, Jeremy Jeremy.Gould at unco.edu
Tue Oct 24 13:55:07 MDT 2006

Hello list,

I've been a subscriber to the caut list since I began working full time at UNC last fall.  I'm writing in part to say thank you.  Although I have not yet contributed any questions or responses, reading the posts has been a great source of comfort, info, and entertainment over the past year and a half.  I'd like to especially thank Fred Sturm. Fred, you were my primary inspiration for learning the trade.  I had the good fortune to meet you while getting my masters degree in piano at UNM, and although you don't know it, you have served as a role model for me since I first picked up a tuning hammer about 5 ½ years ago.

I am also writing to announce that I have resigned my position, effective December 31st.  (only 10 weeks left!)  I have had a very positive experience here, but it is time for me to move on.  If you or someone you know in Colorado is interested, I encourage you to apply.  (Because it is a state classified position, I think you have to be a Colorado resident to qualify).  It is a full time, 12 month position.  You should be able to find a job announcement (assuming it's been posted) by following the employment links at www.unco.edu <http://www.unco.edu/> . Feel free to contact me by e-mail or at the number below if you have any questions.

I'm now continuing a quest to strike a balance between teaching piano, tuning (etc), and performing.  Wish me luck!

Jeremy

P.S. - It really is a good job.  I've just spent WAY too much of my life stuck in practice rooms.

Jeremy Gould, Piano Technician

University of Northern Colorado

School of Music

Frasier Hall 3 , Campus Box 28