[CAUT] Shattered Music Rack

David Ilvedson ilvey at sbcglobal.net
Tue Sep 12 11:46:02 MDT 2006

Ric...

Workout the puzzle on wax paper.   I'd use a combo of yellow glue with CA to hold it together until the other glue sets.   One piece at a time and you shouldn't have to clamp anything.   Clean up as you go as best you can.   You will probably have to touch up the finish...

Along the same line...I've started using PVC-E glue with ivory repairs but use PVC-E on the ivory and thin CA on the keytop...press together and the CA holds the joint until the PVC-E glue dries...seems the PVC-E, which is water based, can cause warping of the ivory.

David Ilvedson, RPT
Pacifica, CA  94044