[CAUT] stack fit to keyframe

Ric Brekne ricbrek at broadpark.no
Wed Sep 13 02:49:56 MDT 2006

At quick glance it is very reminiscent of the Overs whippen.  I've seen
a couple other from way back when also that remind of Rons action.  I
suspect Ron did his homework pretty well when figuring out his own.

Question that comes to mind is why this didnt catch on 100 years back ?

Cheers
RicB

 >The major friction in the action, though, is knuckle to jack/rep
 >top, which is far from the convergence point except in Overs' design.

Strictly not so.  Here is Herrburger's action from 1898, which was
imitated with variations but no improvement by one or two other
action makers.  Note that the two arcs are as near to touching as can
be throughout the descent of the hammer into check.

JD