[CAUT] caut Digest, Vol 1090, Issue 3

Jim Busby jim_busby at byu.edu
Tue Sep 19 13:08:18 MDT 2006

Hi,

Create a "need" and sell it to someone in power. Squeak the wheel a bit,
but not too much. Find out who the key "money" person is in the powers
that be and sell it to him/her. If you don't have such skills find some
"mover and shaker" to do this for you.

Case in point; Snow College, Ephraim Utah is an all Steinway school. ONE
person decided (not me, btw) that it should be and found the donors. He
could sell ice to Eskimos. He did it and now the whole community is
proud of the College. Not only did he do that but he also demanded that
"since we have these wonderful instruments we MUST have a budget to keep
them up", etc.

Sometimes ones talent lies not in "doing" something but rather in the
ability to find and work with those who can do it.

JB