[CAUT] Tension hammers

David Ilvedson ilvey at sbcglobal.net
Tue Sep 19 14:21:03 MDT 2006

The Yamaha hammers, I was working with...C7 hammers on a CFIII piano, needed about 15, 3 needles stitches.    So Andre's would be considered harder?   More tension?   Yamaha seems to make a really good hammer.    The personal problem I had was I couldn't clearly hear when I had done enough shoulder needling...of course the immediate blooming was apparent...ala above the strings...but how much more fullness of tone could be attained...?   This blooming sound is absolutely crucial to the carrying power of the piano...have to make sure it is present.   In other words, you can't just put the hammers on...;-]

" I liked the idea of optimizing the attack curve with the
sustain/bloom curve"   Expand on that...

I'd like to see a representation of that curve if you have it...?

David Ilvedson, RPT
Pacifica, CA  94044