[CAUT] Black on Black... (Jack alignment)

Wimblees at aol.com Wimblees at aol.com
Sun Aug 5 17:16:59 MDT 2007

In a message dated 8/4/07 3:21:58 P.M. Hawaiian Standard Time,
jim_busby at byu.edu writes:

List,  Don…
Help! Do any of you have a trick  for seeing the new Kawai parts, namely for
doing the jack to knuckle  alignment? I truly can’t see the black parts/plane
of the jack. (My eyes are  bad, but this is way worse for me) I’ve got some
good lights and such, but  it’s still difficult. I’ve been tempted to paint
white-out on the backs of the  jacks… Love the parts, but these old eyes don’t
get it done  anymore.
Any tricks out there? Am I the  only one experiencing this?
Thanks,
Jim Busby  BYU

Jim

Are you adjusting the jacks with you standing at the back of the action?
Standing so that the hammers are in front of you, lift up a couple of hammers to
the right of the jack you want to adjust, and push down on the balancier of
the  wippen you're adjusting. From this angle, you can adjust the jack so that
it is  in a straight line with the core.

Wim