[CAUT] Black on Black... (Jack alignment)

Conrad Hoffsommer hoffsoco at luther.edu
Mon Aug 6 12:23:53 MDT 2007

  > Jim
>

> Are you adjusting the jacks with you standing at the back of the action?
> Standing so that the hammers are in front of you, lift up a couple of
> hammers to the right of the jack you want to adjust, and push down on
> the balancier of the wippen you're adjusting. From this angle, you can
> adjust the jack so that it is in a straight line with the core.
>
> Wim

Without having to see too well you could try the balancing/squirting out
test.

One finger on the key and one on the hammer, press down on both and rock
a little. If it is too far back or just right, you can press down fairly
hard without anything happening. If the jack is too far toward the key,
it will squirt out from under the knuckle. Adjust the jack until it no
longer stays under the knuckle, then slowly adjust it back until it DOES
stay.

Not a really vernier adjustment, but it's safe for hard blows.

--
Conrad Hoffsommer - Keyboard Technician
1-(563)-387-1204 // Fax 1-(563)-387-1076

- Right now, I'm hoping to live until my age matches my golf score,
- Until then, I'll have to be content to have my IQ match my handicap.