[CAUT] Black on Black... (Jack alignment)

Ed Sutton ed440 at mindspring.com
Thu Aug 9 10:04:00 MDT 2007

Tim and Fred-

Let's see.

You guys are disagreeing about the exact placement of 88 little sticks in a 900 pound box.

By the time you're done with your adjustments, the result may be the same, or may even vary as much as .7mm!

If there is a difference, probably 2 piano technicians in 300 could feel it, maybe 1 pianist in 300.

Sounds like a good topic for a Blood Feud!       ;-)

When I think about the stuff other people do, I think we are pretty lucky to be worrying about jack/knuckle alignment.

Anyway, I am grateful for folks who are so passionate about this work.

Ed Sutton