[CAUT] (no subject)

Bob Hull hullfam5 at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 15 11:16:19 MDT 2007

 List,

>   What would you think is a fair commission to
> handle the sale of a Steinway grand?   This would
> entail:  advertising, finding a buyer, making up the
> sale agreement, all that is needed to sell the
> piano.
>

>   David Ilvedson, RPT
>   Pacifica, CA 94044

Hi David,
 5% - 10% commission.  Also,be careful about whether
you are the sole selling agent or not.  I have done a
lot of work before to help someone sell an expensive
piano and then received zero commission because the
actual buyer didn't come through me.

I listed the piano on the internet (Pianomart.com) and
was receiving phone calls and email inquiries.  The
seller, sort of unbeknownst to me, also listed it on
the www.  So, this guy called me from Florida and we
talked and talked and talked (cell phone minutes and
lost labor time)but I thought he finally bowed out.

Later I found out he bought the piano contacting the
church directly.  As it turned out, he looked in the
yellow pages for this city and got my name there so he
could call me and ask for my evaluation - or he found
the piano both places.

Anyway, they promise that it was a contact made
through their advertising and I got nothing except big
cell phone bills.

I suggest requiring that you require to be considered
the sole selling agent.

Bob Hull