[CAUT] Reaming block?

Wimblees at aol.com Wimblees at aol.com
Wed Aug 15 11:41:30 MDT 2007

In a message dated 8/15/07 5:50:31 A.M. Hawaiian Standard Time,
amccoy at mail.ewu.edu writes:

Hi Folks  (at least those of you still out there),

I'm about to repin a  not-too-old pinblock. It had 2/0 pins and I'm gonna use
LoTorq 3/0 pins.  The block felt fine. I'm restringing because of other
issues with this  piano - wildly mismatched bass strings, false beats and
such. I'd like to  find out how other folks treat the block before
re-pinning. Anyone ream?  With what type of bit?

I have tried reaming with a double-fluted reamer  in the past but didn't like
the results. Too inconsistent. I've also just  done nothing to the block,
with good results.

Your thoughts would be  appreciated.

Thanks.

Alan

Alan

You can try 3/0, but if you're going to ream, to be on the safe side all  the
way around, you should go with 4/0 pins.

Willem (Wim)  Blees, RPT
Piano Tuner/Technician
Honolulu,  Hawaii