[CAUT] disabling individual noes

Jeff Tanner jtanner at mozart.sc.edu
Wed Aug 15 15:34:08 MDT 2007

On Aug 15, 2007, at 4:46 PM, reggaepass at aol.com wrote:

> Greetings List(s),
>
> Someone is paying me handsomely to realize their own tuning system
> for a couple of performances this weekend.  As a safety precaution,
> he would like to have the notes that he doesn't actually play (all
> of the Cs and Ebs, in this case) disabled.  The best idea I have
> come up with so far is to add another front rail cloth punching on
> top of the one that is already there for these keys, so the keys
> will barely depress.
>
> Is there a better/easier way?

I would probably opt for a stack of thick card punchings rather than
cloth, but that was just what I thought of first.  Seems like
removing the hammers/shanks would be a little less trouble than
pulling the stack and shimming each key front, but either way would
do accomplish what you're wanting to do.

Jeff

> Thanks,
>
> Alan Eder
> __
> AOL now offers free email to everyone.  Find out more about what's
> free from AOL at AOL.com.

Jeff Tanner, RPT
University of South Carolina