[CAUT] Getting paid for non-university events

Wimblees at aol.com Wimblees at aol.com
Mon Aug 20 15:05:40 MDT 2007

Rob

For what it's worth, the office responsible scheduling outside events asked
the group to make a check out directly to me, which was then put in my mail
box,  or was left for me in the events office.

When I first got to Alabama,  I got paid a few times for when the  local
symphony used the piano. But then after a year or so, I just didn't  bother. Most
of the time I had to prep the piano for another event just before  or right
after the symphony concert, and all I did was do a touch up. And since  I went
to most of those concerts anyway, it didn't take much of my time. For  other
events, however, I did get paid, as per above.

Willem (Wim)  Blees, RPT
Piano Tuner/Technician
Honolulu,  Hawaii