[CAUT] disabling individual noes

Wimblees at aol.com Wimblees at aol.com
Wed Aug 22 11:09:11 MDT 2007

In a message dated 8/22/07 7:04:51 A.M. Hawaiian Standard Time,
abousel at comcast.net writes:

I  haven't tried this so maybe there's something I'm missing, but how about a
 tuning pin plate bushing, possibly with a cloth balance rail punching to
keep  things quiet, slipped onto the front rail  pin?

Aaron

The problem with a tuning pin busing is that it is so brittle. It works in  a
plate because the webbing supports it. But around a tuning pin, it could very
 easily break, which would then defeat the purpose. That's if it would fit
over  the pin in the first place.

Willem (Wim)  Blees, RPT
Piano Tuner/Technician
Honolulu,  Hawaii