[CAUT] Scientific study - Stainless wire (Help!)

Jurgen Goering pianoforte at pianofortesupply.com
Tue Aug 28 23:58:15 MDT 2007

My math is probably wrong on this and I'm sure I will be corrected if
that is the case.  But as I see it, the difference in string density
between Pure Sound and standard wire is less than 0.64%

Wouldn't that, according to the McFerrin formula, result in tension
that is 0.64% higher?  And is less than one percent really enough to
make a noticeable jump that much closer to the breaking strength?
Help me out on this one...

Jurgen Goering
Piano Forte Supply
(250) 754-2440