[CAUT] Stainless wire pricing?

Jim Busby jim_busby at byu.edu
Thu Aug 30 11:49:40 MDT 2007

Howdy John,

Hellerbass can get the bass to you quickly (10 days or less) and it
depends on the Euro exchange as to how much it will be. (Around
$250.00?) They already have a good scale for an M, although they will
still want notes 1, 9, 10 and 26 measured. Use their method for measure
on their website. I highly suggest you order them with double German
loops. It will make this M sing better by making the backscale less
stiff.

Arledge charges about $75.00 extra for the German loops but they also do
a good job. It takes quite a bit longer to get them to do it though. I
waited 6 weeks on one order. I don't think they really like doing
stainless because it has to be hand turned. (They're
mechanized/modernized) Their work is immaculate, of course.

I have plain wire set for an M that I can sell for $140.00 plus a few
bucks for shipping. That includes the scale and extra wire for when you
biff it... Write to me privately.

Let me know.

Regards,
Jim Busby BYU