[CAUT] Tuning the rear duplex

Andrew Anderson andrew at andersonmusic.com
Fri Aug 31 10:52:49 MDT 2007

Continuing this thread...

I checked a Steinway D at one school and the rear duplex was tuned to
the speaking length fundamental for the last few notes.  At another
school the rear duplex ranged from a minor 2nd to a major second for
those same last few notes.  I tried tuning them and managed to pull
the major second one down to a 1/4 tone sharp after tuning the
speaking length.  It wouldn't stay down and I'm wondering about
stability for the speaking length now.  I'm guessing this one is
going to need some moving to tune a little closer.

Observations?

Andrew Anderson