[CAUT] concert tuning etiquette

John Minor jminor at uiuc.edu
Sun Dec 9 12:28:01 MST 2007

I touched up a harpsichord at intermission for a Messiah performance last night and endured the typical orchestra chatting and playing as I tuned. I've been known to give a glare that says, "Do you mind?". This was a local orchestra with college students mixed in. I'd be interested in how other techs deal with this.

Also, anyone wear a coat and tie for tuning while the house is being seated or at intermission?

John Minor
University of Illinois