[CAUT] Lack of low-frequency response

James Ellis claviers at nxs.net
Mon Dec 10 10:21:13 MST 2007

Ric,

What I'm saying does not disagree with either Conklin of Wogram.  Without
the ribs, the board would be floppy.  We need to define what we mean by
"stiffness".  We try to make the board stiffer in the middle and more
flexible around the edges so it will vibrate as a unit at low frequencies
instead of breaking up into standing waves.  At the higher frequencies, it
always will break up into standing waves.  It's a matter of when and where.
 And yes, the rim does play an important part too.

Jim Ellis