[CAUT] Old Knabe

Avery Todd ptuner1 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 11 14:31:16 MST 2007

List(s),

I need some information about an old Knabe grand (1893). It has the rocker
arm "capstans" and I need to know how to get the stack off the keys! I tried
to remove a wippen, but it was attached somehow to the key and I couldn't
figure out how to remove it! There are a lot of sluggish jacks and I need to
get the wippens out to be able to repin them.

Another question. I think the dampers are the type that one has to screw up
or down to regulate them (doesn't have the usual set screw) but I can't see
how to get the upstop rail out of the way to be able to lift them high
enough to be able to do that. I also can't see how to remove the underlevers
to be able to work on them.

I've just never worked on one of these before and I need some
help/suggestions as to how to proceed! Can any of you "old" piano experts
out there help me?

Thanks.

Avery Todd