[CAUT] 5 Pianos

Kent Swafford kswafford at gmail.com
Tue Dec 18 16:09:25 MST 2007

I've been playing with a field audio recorder. I've taken it around to
5 tunings, played the same music on each freshly tuned piano, with the
mics always placed at the bridge and strut just below the top 2
sections. I edited all the recordings together, processing all the
recordings identically. Close miking tends to minimize the effects of
recording in wildly different rooms. All of the pianos are "concert"
grands. Anyone care to play "Name that piano" and/or express
preferences for the piano sounds? I think it's an interesting group of
pianos. (I wish the playing was better, but hey, we're trying to deal
with reality, here!)

www.kentswafford.com/mp3/5pianos.mp3

Kent Swafford