[CAUT] Lessons from shoulder surgery

johnsond johnsond at stolaf.edu
Wed Dec 19 07:44:19 MST 2007

Hi-

If you are lucky to catch it early enough, I was amazed at the
improvement and healing I got just doing the daily rotary cup exercises
as recommended in physical therapy.  They also determined I had tennis
elbow, and explained that the wrist position and muscle stress we have
while tuning is the same as for tennis players.  The message is clear-
if you have pain, listen to it.  Do something about it. It will only get
worse if you don't.   We have a physically demanding job.  One that
demands certain physical attention and maintenance or over time you will
have problems...  might anyway, but give yourself a chance.

cheers~

Dennis Johnson
St. Olaf College