[CAUT] High profile artists

Jeff Tanner jtanner at mozart.sc.edu
Thu Feb 1 11:35:35 MST 2007

On Feb 1, 2007, at 12:53 PM, Paul T Williams wrote:

> Chick Corea is coming to town on February 14 (not a day to my
> wife's liking!).

We've got Billy Joel that date, which is very much to my wife's
liking, because it's also her birthday and we've got great tickets.

Unfortunately, I think he must travel with his own technician.

> I spoke with his personal tech in LA a couple of days ago, and then
> he e-mailed me about 30 hours of work to do on our Steinway D. (His
> tech is apparantly not in the Guild, but has been in the biz for
> some 30 years+)  I have no doubts that the piano will be beautiful,
> and I think the piano will probably meet his standards in about
> 15-20 hours. that's not my point.  I am just inquiring as to any
> tips you all can give me if you have worked for the gentleman.

No, but here he would get what everybody else gets and deal with it.
The piano is maintained at as high level as can be reasonably
expected, but we don't rebuild it to every visiting artist's
specification.  If any artist requires something much different, they
need to bring their own piano and technician.

My wife would demand I be getting paid a pretty penny to not be with
her on V-Day.
Jeff