[CAUT] bid savvy

ed440 at mindspring.com ed440 at mindspring.com
Thu Feb 1 14:56:39 MST 2007

I think CAUT might be able to do something worthwhile here.

Most of the Universities in my area are saddled with low bid requirements.  Some accept bids from anyone with no attempt to establish standards.  Others have tried to establish standards and found that clever tooners can sneak under the radar.  I know of colleges that are pretty much stuck with a self-trained, self-certified low bid tooner.

If CAUT could produce a document "Bid Requirements for Piano Maintenance" it might gain acceptance in university circles, and would give the music department a reference and a description of minimum competancy for the bidding wars.

Ed Sutton