[CAUT] tuning pins on a Samick

Jeff Tanner jtanner at mozart.sc.edu
Mon Feb 5 11:05:25 MST 2007

On Feb 5, 2007, at 10:59 AM, Don wrote:

> Hi Daniel,
>
> Next time before driving pins try CA glue treatment.

Hey Don, others,
I haven't tried this yet, but am about to try it on some bass pins
that are super loose here.  But I am CA ignorant.  Just never use the
stuff.  Will any off the shelf super glue work for tuning pins or is
there some certain CA mix that works best...

(in other words, can I just run out to Lowes or have I got to order
just the kind XYZ Piano Supply sells?  Harbor Freight has two for $1
of three tubes per pack -- will that stuff work?)

Thanks,
Jeff

Jeff Tanner, RPT
University of South Carolina