[CAUT] New Upright Pianos

Barbara Richmond piano57 at insightbb.com
Mon Feb 5 14:54:34 MST 2007

Hi Ken,

How do the U-1 music racks hold up in an institution?  If they are a
problem, I'd go with the P-22s.

Hi Bob,

About your comment on P-22s pitch swing from summer to winter, do you or
anyone out there know of a piano in the Midwest that doesn't have a
substantial drift with the change in seasons (without DC stuff)?  I don't.

It doesn't seem odd to me that a 3-4 year old institutional piano would need
voicing, but I'd agree that the keys usually need some attention--especially
if the dealer hasn't prepped the piano.   Sigh...   I can't remember, why do
some manufacturers use unplated balance pins?   I spend a lot of time
easing, lubing and ironing in Teflon powder.

Barbara Richmond, RPT
near Peoria, Illinois