[CAUT] how long for gluing a split bridge

Ken Zahringer ZahringerK at missouri.edu
Tue Feb 6 09:00:12 MST 2007

I think the guide is probably talking about regluing a bridge that has
separated from the apron.  For that, three hours is plenty, especially if
you use 5-minute epoxy for the repair.  If the bridge is split along the
pins the only appropriate repair, IMHO, is a new bridge cap.  Schaff or
Pianotek can duplicate the old cap, complete with new pins.

Ken Z.

--
Ken Zahringer, RPT
University of Missouri