[CAUT] New Upright Pianos

Barbara Richmond piano57 at insightbb.com
Sat Feb 10 19:06:39 MST 2007

I haven't had the Boston experience (I've heard mixed reviews--some great,
some not so great), though years ago I worked for a Kawai dealer and I
liked the pianos then--especially what the treble was capable of (after I
voiced it, that is).

Back to the business at hand.  I was really wondering about the "last
longer" claim.  Has anyone heard of or experienced this?   Is this a
comparison of the structural integrity of each brand?  Would the "last
longer" claim be related to the fact that Steinway <grand> pianos are
worth rebuilding?   Would this necessarily translate to the uprights?

Thanks--

Barbara