[CAUT] New Upright Pianos

Barbara Richmond piano57 at insightbb.com
Tue Feb 13 16:46:25 MST 2007

Hi Jeff,

Thanks for your opinion and taking the time to write.  I started off my life as a technician working for a Steinway dealer, too.  When I was on staff at a university with too much to do, I have to admit that I appreciated the quick response of Yamahas to service and tuning.  As far as what instrument is more musical, the pianists on staff at the school have to decide that.

My concern for the current Steinway uprights would be the center pinning issue and in what condition (how much lacquer) the hammers would have.  Can anyone speak to these concerns?

Thanks,

Barbara

PS  I own a Steinway grand--an old A, rebuilt.  S&S would probably say it wasn't really a Steinway since it doesn't have all New York parts, but it's pretty swell, anyway.  :-)