[CAUT] Adjustable Piano Chair source (for Dave Davis, RPT)

Jeff Tanner jtanner at mozart.sc.edu
Tue Feb 20 14:46:27 MST 2007

On Feb 20, 2007, at 11:27 AM, Richard Adkins wrote:

> believe the chair listed below is similar to a chair that Yamaha used
> to sell. I'm not sure if the Yamaha chair is still available. Schaff
> used to sell them. I'm sure they were more costly than the CPS
> chair, though.
>
> http://www.cpsimports.com/Adjustable_Piano_Chair.html

Jansen still offers the stationary piano chair. But I believe I once
heard they discontinued these adjustable ones because people were
injured by them.  The few I ever saw never seemed to work right.

I'd like to be able to get the hydraulic benches.  If Harbor Freight
can offer a biker style rolling seat with pneumatic adjustment for
$79 (I've seen it at $69 - I think it would be great for regulating
work and key leveling), we ought to be able to get a piano bench.

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/displayitem.taf?Itemnumber=94435

Jeff Tanner, RPT
University of South Carolina