[CAUT] unusual repair

Willem Blees wblees at bama.ua.edu
Thu Feb 22 13:31:37 MST 2007

Quoting Rick Florence <Rick.Florence at asu.edu>:

> A few questions come to mind:
>
> 1.  Why pull a pin in an old D right before a concert when a few
> drops of CA
> glue would have done the trick?

Hadn't thought of that. There are several other semi loose pins that
I'll give a try.

> 2.  Why not splice the string?

I don't "do" splices. Never learned, and at my age, have no intension
of learning.

> 3.  Do you not keep a set of strings in your inventory?

This is the first time since I've been here that a bass string has
broken on a D. Not enough to justify paying for a whole set just to
sit around and get old and dead.

> ____________________
> Rick Florence
> Senior Piano Technician