[CAUT] reduced heat stage lights

Fred Sturm fssturm at unm.edu
Thu Feb 22 16:27:21 MST 2007

We have them at the big performance hall at UNM. I don't know the
info you want, but will comment that this design does involve high
speed fans, meaning noise. They use them for traveling Broadway
shows, not for classical music concerts. There might be other designs
out there that don't have the noise issue. It's not really obnoxious,
but enough to be noticeable in pp sections.
Regards,
Fred Sturm
University of New Mexico
fssturm at unm.edu