[CAUT] CAUT String Repair Class....was unusual repair

Elwood Doss edoss at utm.edu
Fri Feb 23 19:14:38 MST 2007

I've tied treble strings before rather than replace with new strings
particularly because of the stabilization issue and have had good luck
with it.  Sometimes I'll replace the string, sometimes I'll splice,
depending on the situation and location of the break.  The only one who
sees the tied string is the technician.  The pianist never looks under
the music desk otherwise they would gather up the pencils and paper
clips that collect under there...not to mention the myriad of dust
bunnies, small shards of paper, etc.

Joy!
Elwood

Elwood Doss, Jr., M.M.E., RPT